Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
August, 2007 eNewsletter
Sally's Place is giving away cookbooks! Every month two lucky eNewsletter subscribers will win a free cookbook! Congratulations to the two August winners:
- Karishma P. from Boyds, MD wins A Celebration of Heirloom Vegetables: Growing and Cooking Old-Time Varieties by Roger Yepsen.
- Kimberly H. from Klamath Falls, OR wins Vegetables by Sophie Grigson.
(If you would also like to be eligible to win a free cookbook each month, and aren't already signed up to receive Sally's eNewsletter, via email, you can do so here.)
New Food Articles:
- Anne Willan, leading authority on the cooking of France and its culinary history, cookbook author and La Varenne founder, brings us "Morocco on My Plate in Marrakesh": Anne shares a recipe for Chicken Tajine with Green Olives.
- "Summer Spice": Anne Willan describes Garam Masala, Cajun Seasoning, Spicy Garlic Paste, Spicy Grilled Radicchio, Quail in a Basket, Chicken Satays, & Georgian Walnut Sauce (Satsivi).
- "Gelato: Italy's Quintessential Outdoor Treat!" When in Rome, roam with a gelato," says cookbook author Jennie Schacht.
New Wine Articles:
- It's Time for Wine columnists Sara & Monty Preiser share "A Writer's Good Fortune is a Distributor Tasting." In it they focus on one of the country's top distributors, Stacole Fine Wines, based in Boca Raton, FL and a wine and dinner cruise they attended. The Preiser's categorize the wines tasted into: Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful; Worth a Try; and Disappointing.
- "There is Just Lots Happening in our Wine World" says It's Time for Wine columnists Sara & Monty Preiser. Screw cap closures and tips for you if you are visiting the Napa Valley this summer are included.
New Restaurant Reviews:
- "Miami, Florida" by Miami-based Pamela Robin Brandt. Just in time for your summer vacation.
- "Atlanta, Georgia" by Shelley Skiles Sawyer showcases 38 of Atlanta's finest places to dine.
- "Sonoma Valley, California" by Robin Barr Sussman covers this "Valley of the Moon" including Kenwood, Glen Ellen, Boyes Hot Springs and the town of Sonoma.
- "Phoenix, Arizona" by Rita Connelly showcases the fact that many of Phoenix's best restaurants are found in the various resorts in the area. After all, with its amazing weather, breathtaking scenery and the laid-back and oh-so-modern lifestyle "The Valley of the Sun" lures countless visitors year round.
- "San Antonio, Texas" by Robin Barr Sussman goes from Azuca to Zuni Grill and covers 35 spots in between.
- "New Orleans, Louisiana" by Marcelle Bienvenu brings us up to date on the latest happenings in the Big Easy, one of America's great restaurant cities.
New Travel Article:
- "The Inn at Palmetto Bluff is a Classic" by Monty and Sara Preiser describes, in detail, this popular Auberge Resort outside of Hilton Head, South Carolina. Color photos included.
Cafe Vivo is a coffee lovers club providing its members with on-demand roasted coffee. Coffee is roasted and shipped directly to customers AFTER each order, and is delivered in a few days for the freshest coffee possible. Coffee arrives truly fresh for superior taste. Members also receive delivery each month from beans around the world including Indonesia, Central and South America, Guatemala, Oaxaca, Sumatra, Ethiopia and Papua New Guinea, to name a few. CafeVivo roasts in San Diego, CA and provides a truly unique boutique membership for all coffee drinkers.
Super Hyper-Caffeinated Coffee: Naturally Loaded with 50% More Caffeine as well as Shock-A-Lots: chocolate-covered, candy-coated Shock Coffee beans and, for summer, Shock Coffee Blended Coffee Drink. Rich, creamy and full of flavor, they're the best tasting ready-to-drink coffee beverages this side of the Milky Way. Available in Triple Latte or Triple Mocha. Shock Coffee's been featured on the Today Show, Nightline and The Food Network.
Offering a selection of quality kitchen appliances from brands such as Kitchen-Aid, Vita-Mix, and Cuisinart. Offers a large selection of entry level to high end kitchen equipment. http://www.everythingkitchens.com
The latest issue of TravelSmart, named best newsletter for travelers on a budget by Money Magazine, is packed with great tips, including: "25 Ways To Cut Calories On A Cruise," "Great Car-Free B&Bs," "Super Hotel Packages In San Francisco, Washington (DC), Orlando & New York City" plus Insider Guides to Vienna, The Thousand Islands and Turin. For a free copy: www.TravelSmartNewsletter.com.
2008 Wine Program
CREATIVE PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS presents A STUDY OF THE WORLD'S WINES and AMERICAN WINE & FOOD PAIRINGS with instructor Michael Weiss, Senior Wine Educator, Culinary Institute of America at Hyde Park and author, of