Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
September, 2008 eNewsletter
- Recipe Testing
- Need recipes professionally tested for your cookbook, website, blog, company or public relations firm? For 14 years you have trusted my Sally's Place recipes. Now you can turn to me to test your recipes, whether for yourself or your group. I look forward to working with you. Click to contact Sally: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Split Bean Coffee
Flavor of the Month - September 2008 - Going Nuts for Our Customers!
Our Flavor of the Month is American Alfajores, which is a peanut butter filled alfajores dipped in dark chocolate. This is one of our best selling cookies and as always, they are made to order and preservative free.
Free Peanut Brittle
We want you to try our Peanut Brittle, so until the end of September, we will give you a free 6 oz. sample of our handmade peanut goodness with any order placed.
Articles from Going with the Grain by Lorna Sass...
- Grainfully Employed This simple recipe for Quinoa Corn Chowder will get you grainfully employed.
- Chilled Cucumber-Yogurt Soup with Bulgur Timbales The perfect way to stay cool.
From Linda Gassenheimer's Diabetes series...
- Diabetes: Can I have my cake and eat it too? The answer includes a recipe for Crunchy Coleslaw and Turkey Sandwich.
Make Mine Chocolate by Stephanie Zonis showcases...
- Freeze! The Scoop on (Chocolate) Ice Cream August is the month for Ice Cream.
- Chocolate Chip Nation where Stephanie shares the fact that Nestle produces about 250 million chocolate chips daily. She gives us Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes for her Recipe of the Month and 3 chocolate recommendations.
Articles by It's Time for Wine columnists Sara & Monty Preiser...
- Los Carneros and The Carneros Wine Alliance tells of the only American Viticultural Area that traverses both Napa and Sonoma counties.
- Pinot, Pinot Everywhere highlights the reasons leading to the warp speed jump in the popularity of California Pinot Noir.
- The JW Marriott Proves Vegas is More Than The Strip Monty and Sara Preiser, frequent Las Vegas visitors, rave about this off-the-strip hotel.
- Travel to France and Belgium as a Guest by Jackie Grandchamps, PhD, Founder and Owner of French Escapade.
Articles by Keith Allan and Lynne Gray…
- On the Road Again with a Mazda MX-5 to Argyll in Scotland. What a fun way to travel!
- On the Road to the Waterside in an XJ Jaguar 900 miles of motorway and country roads is traveled to enjoy the Jag's V8 engine and its 0-60 mph in around 5 seconds.
Traveling with Kids
- Elaine Sosa Labalme travels to Mexico with Steven in Kid-Friendly Zones: Cancun, Mexico. Here kids wear a path between the pool and the beach and want for nothing more.
- La Cense Grass Fed Beef
- You are what you eat and what your beef eats too. La Cense Beef raised naturally, compassionately and humanely with no hormones, no pesticides, no antibiotics. Order Now and Get Free Shipping.
- Dave's Gourmet
- Dave from Dave's Gourmet has insured his tongue for $1 million with Lloyds of London. At the time of this release, he had not yet fully figured out a tongue protection program to keep his tongue generally safe and in good health, but he does avoid risky tongue behaviors.
- Europe's largest online comparison shopping site has finally expanded to the U.S. Read consumer written reviews on large or small kitchen appliances so you make the smartest buying decisions possible. If you're not in market for anything, you can also post recipes and just be a part of the community.
- Impress your friends with beautiful authentic items from Spain including Paella Pans & Ingredients, Jamon Iberico, Chorizo, Saffron, & Sangria Pitchers.
Whole Grains Month; Apple Month (National, US); Chicken Month (National, US); Coupon Month (National, US); Ethnic Foods; Honey Month (National, US); Mushroom Month; Organic Harvest Month; Rice Month; and National Papaya Month.September 1: Labor Day - US National Holiday
September 8: National Date Nut Bread Day
September 12: National Chocolate Milkshake Day
September 13: Chocolate Day in observance of Milton Hershey's birthday on September 13, 1857
September 14: National Cream-filled Donut Day
September 17: National Apple Dumpling Day
September 19: National Butterscotch Pudding Day
September 20: National Punch Day
September 21: The Birth of the Ice Cream Cone; International Banana Festival
September 22: Autumn Equinox - First Day of Fall/Autumn
September 26: Johnny Appleseed Day; National Pancake Day
September 27: Crush A Can Day
September 29: Poisoned Blackberries Day