Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
July, 2008 eNewsletter
- La Cense Grass Fed Beef
- You are what you eat and what your beef eats too. La Cense Beef raised naturally, compassionately and humanely with no hormones, no pesticides, no antibiotics. Order Now and Get Free Shipping.
- Linda Gassenheimer
- Sally's Place is pleased to welcome a new contributor. Linda Gassenheimer is an award-winning author of several cookbooks, most recently, Mix ‘n' Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes and The Portion Plan: How to Eat the Foods You Love and Still Lose Weight. Her Dinner in Minutes column is read by over 4 million people each week and she is the host of the WLRN National Public Radio program Food News and Views. Listen to the program, read her columns and contact her at www.dinnerinminutes.com. Linda will write about Diabetes: No-Brainer Meal Solutions–in Minutes. Her first article is Diabetes Myths and Realities.
- Alaskan Cruise
- Sally and Stan had a great time cruising to Alaska! Alaska Glacier Bay Discovery Cruise: Sally teaches culinary classes on Holland America's ms Zaandam that cruises from Vancouver, Canada to Seward (Anchorage), Alaska. Three recipes are included.
- Cookbook Giveaway
- Our weekly cookbook giveaway continues to be quite popular. Sign up here for our eNewsletter and you will automatically be entered in our cookbook drawings.
Sally's Cooking Class
- Dining in the Pacific Northwest
- Sally will be teaching a Dining in the Pacific Northwest cooking class at Great News! Cooking School in San Diego, California on Saturday, August 9th at 11:00 a.m. Recipes will include: Radicchio Salad with Blue Cheese & Peppered Hazelnuts; Spicy Crab Cakes with Red Pepper Coulis; Baked Halibut Stuffed with Smoked Salmon on a Bed of Spinach; Wild King Salmon with Macerated Cherries & Smoked Almond Beurre Noisette; Mixed Oregon Berries with Creamy Mascarpone Cheese. $49; 858-270-1582
- The Best Way To Store Your Wine
- Dan Maynard shares four key attributes to achieve the optimal wine storage.
- Get 4 Cook Books for $1 Each (with membership)
- The Good Cook® serves up the best books for every season. Dazzle dinners in your home like a celebrity chef! Make the latest recipes from the Food Network® stars in your kitchen. Click for Details
- "We combine organic, spicy red peppers with juicy, sweet vine ripened heirloom tomatoes for a fantastic flavor with a bit of bite. This sauce has an excellent balance for any pasta, pizza, chicken or fish dish. Our sauce is like great summer tomatoes; it will not always look or taste exactly the same, but will always be the very best."
- Pet Friendly
- Take Fido along with you when you travel. That's one benefit to renting a vacation home - you can now search for pet friendly vacation rentals at Zonder.com.
- Chez Alaska
- Chez Alaska is a recreational cooking school primarily serving tourists from cruise ships in the months of May through September. Demonstrations of Southeast Alaska seafoods occur every day of the week, while hands-on classes are offered occasionally. Please visit www.chezalaska.com for schedules and prices.
- www.hotels.bz enables travelers to find the travel products they want, whether it is a hotel, an air fare or a car rental. www.hotels.bz offers also great rates when purchasing a flight + hotel package. Most popular destinations you can find on hotels.bz are New York, Hawaii, Las Vegas, San Francisco, San Diego, Florida, as well as Paris, Rome, Madrid, London and Monte Carlo.
- Need Travel Plans?
- For an unforgettable day, week or weekend, embark upon a distinctive Culinary Getaway with Sherry Page. Experience the local culture in beautiful and flavorful Napa Valley, Provence or Paris.
- Mendocino County Wine Camp
- Wine Camp, an intimate, all inclusive three-day weekend, limited to eight campers is taking place at The Apple Farm in the heart of Mendocino County's spectacular Anderson Valley. The focus of this exciting epicurean expedition is to enhance one's knowledge and enjoyment of wine, food and the combination thereof.
Baked Beans Month (National); Blueberry Month (National); Hot Dog Month (National); Ice Cream Month (National); Fourth Week of July is Salad Week (National).
July 1: Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day
July 4: Independence Day US - 4th of July
July 7: Chocolate Day; National Strawberry Sundae Day
July 14: Bastille Day - France
July 15: Gummi Worm Day
July 17: Peach Ice Cream Day (National)
July 20: Ice Cream Day (3rd Sunday in July); National Lollipop Day
July 21: National Hot Dog Day
July 23: National Vanilla Ice Cream Day
July 28: National Milk Chocolate Day