Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
February Valentine's Day, 2010 eNewsletter
Last Minute Valentine's Day Gift Ideas...
- Legal Sea Foods
- Get Fresh this Valentine's Day with Legal Sea Foods!
- Romanicos Chocolate
- Buy the artistically designed Mezzo Box, which is a selection of fifteen pieces of chocolate (each a different flavor) from the Romanicos Chocolate Art Collection. It is definitely best of class! Call to order 877-848-4857 or order online.
- Numi Organic Tea
- Dazzle your Valentine with Chocolate Puerh Tea. Shop Numi Organic Tea.
- La Tienda, The Best of Spain
- Rabitos Royale Dark Chocolate Fig Bonbons: These are select tender young figs filled with a mousse made of dark chocolate and a hint of brandy. Each one is hand dipped in even more rich dark chocolate! Finally each individual Rabito Bonbon is sealed in a foil envelope so that it will always taste as fresh as the day it was made. Call to order 800.710.4304 or order online.
- Gourmet Sardinia
- Just Arrived! 2009-2010 Novello Organic Olive Oil: This raw, unfiltered, luscious green oil is available in limited quantity and the bottles are numbered: $28.50. Use the code "Sallys15" during February to receive a 15% discount off your order. Call to order 713-621-6858 or shop
- Truffle Tree
- Adopt a Truffle Oak and gain not only the exciting possibility of your own truffles but also a piece of tranquil French woodland and an entrée to the cuisine, countryside and heritage of Le Gers. Use Media Code "Sally" for a $30 discount.
- Lobster Gram
- Send Sensational Seafood from Lobster Gram®, America's #1 Lobster Delivery Company since 1987! 1,000,000+ Delivered!
- Think Valentine's Day Apparel at Amazon.
As Valentine's Day is just around the corner, we have some favorite chocolate recipes for you:
See our Chocolate Recipes area for many more suggestions...
Sally's Place also has complete chocolate sections where you can enjoy hundreds more recipes:
- Make Mine Chocolate by food writer Stephanie Zonis
- A World of Chocolate! by Pam Williams, founder of au Chocolate
Unique Cooking and Baking Supplies Special for Valentine's Day...Lekue Silicone Heart Pan, Red: $19.99
SiliconeZone Heart Pancake/Egg Mold, Red: $5.75
Kaiser Bakeware Heart Cookie Cutter, Set of 6: $6.99
Martha Stewart 2-Piece Heart Apron and Oven Mitt Set: $19.99
Chocolate for Breakfast: Entertaining Menus to Start the Day with a Celebration, from Napa Valley's Oak Knoll Inn, by owner and chocolate connoisseur Barbara Passino. Menus with a chocolate twist inspired from cultures around the world are presented, including Italian, French, Asian, Moroccan, Spanish and American, as well as some fun surprises such as breakfast ideas for Valentine's Day, the secret to making a perfect bed (who says breakfast has to be at the table?), a Chocolate-y proposal and a lot more.
Bite-Size Desserts: Creating Mini Sweet Treats, from Cupcakes and Cobblers to Custards and Cookies, by Carole Bloom, showcases 87 recipes created for home bakers who want small desserts with big flavors. The color photos will make your mouth water! Think cakes, cupcakes, scones, shortcakes, muffins, pastries, tartlets, turnovers, galettes, cobblers, crisps, custards, mousses, puddings, cookies, ice creams, and sorbets.
The Chocolate Therapist, a delicious book by Julie Pech, is a user's guide to the extraordinary health benefits of chocolate. The book is entertaining and also offers remedies for a world of ailments. Contact Julie through her website: thechocolatetherapist.com
Essence of Chocolate: Recipes for Baking and Cooking with Fine Chocolate, by Robert Steinberg & John Scharffenberger, Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker's founders and food writer Susie Heller, offers more than 100 recipes for a broad selection of delights. Recipes include Chocolate Pudding Cakes, Chocolate Marbled Gingerbread, Cocoa Caramel Panna Cotta, and Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake, as well as savory edibles made with chocolate like Tortilla Soup and Chile-Marinated Flank Steak. This team is passionate about their chocolate and it shows!
Chocolate Obsession: Confections and Treats to Create and Savor, by Michael Recchiuti & Fran Gage, is a must-have for chocolate lovers. Opening with a complete discussion of chocolate from bean to bar, the book goes on to offer detailed instructions for dipped chocolates, truffles, and molded chocolates, including Recchiuti's signature ganache flavors: Earl Grey tea, burnt caramel, tarragon with grapefruit. Also featured are over 60 recipes for such sinfully delicious treats as Chocolate Shortbread Cookies with Truffle Cream Filling, Double Dark Chocolate Soufflés, and Rocky Recchiuti Brownies.
The Ghirardelli Chocolate Cookbook: Recipes and History from America's Premier Chocolate Maker, by Ghiradelli Chocolate Company and Leigh Beisch, is a stylish revision of the classic cookbook from America's longest continually operating chocolate manufacturer. This book includes more than 80 recipes, a primer on chocolate varieties and uses, and more than 25 full-color photographs.
Pure Dessert, by Alice Medrich, a three-time winner of the Best Cookbook of the Year award from the International Association of Culinary Professionals, offers true flavors, inspiring ingredients and simple recipes. If you like eating seasonally and locally, you'll find plenty to enjoy in this delightful volume.
Happy Valentine's Day,