Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
February, 2008 eNewsletter
Special Winter Cocoa Offer
Choose from 5 gourmet cocoa flavors to keep you warm this season. We are so confident you will love our Cocoa, we will give you Two at No Cost: Buy 2 Tins of Cocoa, Get 2 Tins Free! This offer is also available for our gourmet coffees with the fresh taste that only Boca Java's Roasted-to-Order process can produce. Take the Taste Challenge!
- Top 10 Hints That I Need a Diet by Mr. Bad Food a.k.a. John McGran.
- Tomato Time "Heinz seems proud to boast of 57 varieties of ketchup, but did you realize that there are actually 10,000 varieties of tomatoes?" asks Mary Bloch.
- Solo Cooking with an Italian Accent by Toni Lydecker tells of Shirred Egg with Olive Oil, to Warm a Winter Night. The fall harvest Italian olive oil showcases shirred eggs at both breakfast and dinner.
- Mr. Bad Food/Mrs. Good Food article by John McGran & Becky Billingsley: Tailgate Tushies tells about Totino's Mega Pizza Rolls and Corazonas Heart Healthy Chips. Guess which one we should be eating.
- Cloves: Ammini Ramachandran shares the history of cloves and a recipe for Garam Masala.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Local contributor Elaine Sosa Labalme highlights the best of the best!
- Newly Updated: Napa Valley, California by Monty Preiser, who says, "You won't dine much better or with much more consistency anywhere."
- Provenance Vineyards, Hollywood & Vine, Lancaster Estate and hope & grace wines in this Winery Round-Up.
- Who Makes Wine Mirrors Other Advancements discusses ethnic groups in America who make wine.
- Mendocino: Wine, Romance, and So Much More "where the sky meets the sea" in this village on the north coast of California.
- Discovering Brontë Country in a Volvo XC90: Travel writers and photographers Keith Allan & Lynne Gray enjoy Haworth Parsonage, home and now shrine to the three Brontë sisters — Charlotte, Emily and Anne of Wuthering Heights fame.
- Traveling with Kids by Elaine Sosa Labalme takes Steven and his parents to Weekending with the Kids: Hershey, Pennsylvania or "The Sweetest Place on Earth."
- Valentine's Day Flowers
- Nationwide and Canadian flower delivery. Order early for Valentine's Day to ensure timely delivery.
- Learn To Cook Like A Chef
- Visit Chef T's Cooking School, grab your Free membership, and learn to prepare exotic cuisine from around the world. Using the magic of close up video technology, Chef T demonstrates, step-by-step, exactly how to prepare these dishes. Each recipe is also included in text format for you to print out for later reference. Go on amaze yourself, and impress your friends and family...Join us now and become a better cook.
- A website dedicated to Italian food and cooking. Features a large collection of authentic Italian recipes from Italian Chef Paolo Torre, cookbook reviews and articles on all things related to Italian cuisine.
- Gourmet hot sauce, salsas, gift packs, bbq sauces, spicy gifts and gourmet baskets/collections at a great price. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and a down to earth sales experience. We look forward to serving your "fiery" needs.
- Make Cooking Your Career!
- Find a Culinary, Baking, Restaurant or Hospitality School Near You. Get started on Your Path to an Exciting Career in the Culinary Arts, Baking, Restaurant/Hospitality Management or Tourism! Select a Program you would like to learn more about, fill out a request, and receive additional information free.
- If you are visiting Australia and enjoy exploring your destination at your own pace then Talk'N Tours self guided audio tours of Melbourne & Sydney may be just the ticket for you. These self guided audio tours provide you with a colorful map and audio track for a self guided walking tour covering history, boutique shopping and major sights. They will help you discover the best that you otherwise might miss and better still provide you with the flexibility to go when you want and stop for as long as you want at what interests you.
- 2008 Presidential Candidate Hot Sauces: vote for your favorite candidate by purchasing his or her hot sauce! Profits from the sale of these sauces will be donated to charities involving cancer research.
Dave wants to recruit more people to his People's Food Movement. A membership drive is starting soon to reach 10,000 members in a year. People can make thousands of dollars by either submitting a product/recipe or by designing one for us.
Chinese New Year — The Year of the Rat — Lunar Year 4706
In recognition of the Chinese New Year, which begins on February 7th, see the Chinese recipes in Sally's Place. Here are some of our offerings: Beef Fried Rice, Crab Wontons, Crunchy Shrimp & Broccoli Stir Fry, Deep-Fried Shrimp Balls, Egg Drop Soup, Hoisin Shrimp Salad, Hot & Sour Soup, Kung Pao Chicken, Mongolian Beef, Pepper Steak, Shrimp & Garlic Chives Lo Mein, Shrimp Toast and Tangy Cabbage by Dorothy Huang, author of Chinese Cuisine, Made Simple.
Great Valentine Gift Ideas from Sally's Place!
Valentine's Day Recipes
Caviar Pie, Sparkling Wine Cocktail with Smashed Raspberries and Chambord, Filet of Beef Wellington, Radicchio Salad with Blue Cheese & Peppered Almonds and Chocolate Mousse Pie.
It's Time for Wine columnists Sara & Monty Preiser showcase:
Traveling with Kids Article
Bake For Family Fun Month, Candy Month, Canned Foods Month, Cherry Month, Chocolate Month, Fabulous Florida Strawberry Month, Grapefruit Month (National), Potato Lovers Month, Snack Food Month (National), Sweet Potato Month, Great American Pie Month, Pancake Week is the fourth week of February.
February 1: Bubble Gum Day
February 2: Groundhog Day
February 3: Carrot Cake Day (National)
February 4: Stuffed Mushroom Day (National)
February 5: Mardi Gras Day, Pancake Day (National)
February 7: Chinese New Year Day
February 11: Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day
February 12 Plum Pudding Day
February 14: Valentine's Day
February 15: Gum Drop Day (National)
February 18: President's Day
February 19: Chocolate Mint Day (National)
February 20: Cherry Pie Day
February 23: Banana Bread Day (National), Clam Chowder Day
February 24: National Tortilla Chip Day
February 26: National Pistachio Day
February 28: National Chili Day
February 29: Leap Day 2008 (February 29th only falls on Leap Years — the next leap year is 2012)