Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
November, 2009 eNewsletter
Although November is Thanksgiving month, many of us are looking ahead to the December holidays...
Sally's Top 10 Great Gift Ideas
- 1. Gourmet Coffees, Alfajores
- Marshmallows & Chocolates
- 2. Olive Oil, Bottarga, Fregula
- Risotto, Honey, Music Bread
- 3. Hot Sauces, Snacks, Jams,
- Chiles & Gift Baskets
- 4. Flowers & Gifts - Send Now
- 5. Coffee Gift Boxes
- Exclusive & Rare Coffee
- 6. Adopt a Truffle Tree
- In the Heart of Gascony
- 7. La Tienda
- The Best of Spain
- 8. Mendocino Lodging
- Joshua Grindle Inn
- 9. Newman's Own Organics
- The Second Generation
- 10. Amazon
- Last CSA Article -- Arlene Krasner closes out her series on her summer Community Supported Agriculture with All Hail to the Kale, which includes recipes for Cucumber Agua Fresca and Hail to Kale Pasta.
- Buffalo Heart Braised -- Farm-raised buffalo allow us to enjoy this delight and Betty Fussell shares a recipe.
by Monty and Sara Preiser...
- New Finds in 09, Judd's Hill, and the Napa Arts.
- New Finds, a Fun YouTube, Tallulah, and Ballentine.
- Examination Napa, w/ Dr. 2B – Chapter Two; Jon and his son experience Altamura Winery, Lamborn Family Vineyards, Outpost Winery and Amizetta Winery.
by Jon Rusciano...
- Vail, Colorado's Largest Ski Mountain Offers Year Round Activities for Families to the Uber Elite -- Ken Margolis travels to this popular winter wonderland and includes lodges, things to do, skiing, dining and other adventures.
- Barcelona by Bus -- Sharon recommends bus tours to really get to know a new city.
- Luxury Hotels in Catalonia, Spain -- Sharon experiences two 5-star hotels in Catalonia, one in Barcelona and one in the countryside near Tarragona.
- Culinary Museums in Catalonia, Spain -- Sharon showcases culinary museums including bread, wine, olive oil, sausage, fish, chocolate and ceramics.
by Sharon Hudgins...
- Milk Chocolate Lovers, Unite! Stephanie Zonis talks about how milk chocolate is made and her Recipe of the Month is Milk Chocolate Mousse. Although Stephanie recommends eight manufacturers, she admits there are many more good ones.
- San Diego Hotel Week
- From November 13th through November 26th, 2009, sandiegohotelweek.com has negotiated amazing hot deals for you to experience the San Diego area to its best. Pamper yourself and your loved ones: escape and unwind in San Diego. Book your stay now and enjoy great deals on hotels, attractions, dining, and more...or call their reservation specialists at 1.800.216.1451.
- Dave's Gourmet
- Dave's Limited Edition Private Reserve hot sauce, "It's a ticking time bomb in your cupboard," reports Jeremy Clarkson of the UK's Times-Online. Jeremy discovered a bottle of Dave's Private Reserve sauce tucked between the catsup and the rice crispies, what follows is a hilarious review of one of Dave's hottest sauces. With a new formula every year, this highly sought after collectible is limited in number. For those who enjoy phenomenal heat, this is the ultimate holiday gift.
- Culinary Series at THE GRAND DEL MAR in San Diego, California
- Traditional Thanksgiving Family Feast: Wednesday, November 18th from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm. Time to bring the family together with Chef Camron Woods' delicious and impressive Turkey Day preparations, including Roasted Turkey, Cranberry Stuffing and the perfect Potato Purée. This is the feast that everyone looks forward to all year – no presents, just the gift of wonderful food and aromas coming from the family kitchen. $75 per person
- The Italian Chef
- A website dedicated to Italian food and cooking that features a large collection of authentic Italian recipes from Italian Chef Paolo Torre, cookbook reviews, an Italian food blog and articles on all things related to Italian cuisine.
- Culinary Getaways
- Join Sherry Page in Napa Valley on November 6th-8th for a Culinary Getaway. The focus will be on seasonal dishes that will taste great on your Thanksgiving table. During the Getaway, you will cook together using fresh, local ingredients, dine in exceptional restaurants and in private settings, and explore sea salts, olive oils and local artisan cheeses. For additional information, visit the Culinary Getaways website at: CulinaryGetaways.com.
Good Nutrition Month; Peanut Butter Lover's Month; National Georgia Pecan Month; Vegan Month; Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month; and Sweet Potato Awareness Month.
November 1: Vinegar Day
November 2: National Deviled Egg Day
November 3: Sandwich Day
November 4: National Candy Day
November 5: National Donut Day
November 7: Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day; National Men Make Dinner Day
November 8: Cook Something Bold Day
November 11: Veteran's Day
November 12: Chicken Soup for the Soul Day; National Pizza With The Works Except Anchovies Day
November 13: National Indian Pudding Day
November 14: National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
November 15: Pack Your Mom Lunch Day
November 17: Homemade Bread Day
November 23: National Cashew Day; Eat a Cranberry Day
November 25: National Parfait Day
November 26: National Cake Day; Thanksgiving Day in the U.S.