Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
January, 2008 eNewsletter
- San Francisco, California History-Food Tours
- Such a Deal! - mention "Sally's Place" when booking a tour and receive $10 off the price per person. Food writer and KGO radio personality GraceAnn Walden is celebrating 20 years of leading history-food tours of San Francisco neighborhoods. North Beach tour dates: January 12, 19 and 26; Evening Chinatown tour with 7-course banquet February 23; and Secrets and Tastes of Nob Hill February 16. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Discount California Room Rates
- Dennen's Victorian Farmhouse on the Mendocino, California Coast is offering Quiet Time: "Come join us in the Off Season when things get quiet. Sunday thru Thursday, stay with us two nights, and the second night is half off. Or, seven days a week, stay three nights, the first two nights at Regular Rates, and we will discount the third night to $50. This special runs until the end of April 2008. Quail Cottage, Seabreeze, Holiday Periods and local festivals not included. Single or Double Occupancy. Must ask for the Quiet Time when you reserve. (800) 264-4723"
- Sally's Place Cookbook Giveaway
- Our cookbook giveaway has proven to be so successful that we are now giving away one book each week! If you would like to be eligible to win a free cookbook each week, and aren't already signed up to receive Sally's eNewsletter via email, you can do so here.
- Portland, Oregon, Restaurants: Local Arlene Krasner shares the vibrant food scene in Portland, Oregon with 48 top choices.
- John McGran and Becky Billingsley bring us Mr. Bad Food/Mrs. Good Food.
- Seasonal Sensibility showcases Hood Golden Egg Nog from Mr. Bad Food and Betty Crocker's Sweet Potato Mashed Potatoes (instant) from Mrs. Good Food.
- Back to the Real World tells of Strawberry Banana Smoothie from Dunkin' Donuts from Mr. Bad Food and Flat Earth from Frito-Lay from Mrs. Good Food.
- Mr. Bad Food Article by John McGran: Important: 6 Tips for a Happier New Year by Mr. Bad Food a.k.a. John McGran.
- Breakfast for One, Italian Style Enjoy a recipe for Lemony Carrot Jam, which can be served for breakfast over a thin layer of ricotta on crusty country-style toasted bread, by Toni Lydecker.
- Sugar and Spice: Chocolate Heats Up where Stephanie Zonis shares a recipe for Bob Batson's Oaxaca Flats and her Chocolate Finds of the Month are Lillie Belle Farms, Wen Chocolates, Chuao Chocolatier, Cowgirl Chocolates, Diva Chocolates, and Lake Champlain Chocolates.
Spice Articles by Ammini Ramachandran
- Nutmeg & Mace includes the history of nutmeg and mace and a recipe for Spinach and Ricotta Crepes.
- Cinnamon includes the history of cinnamon and a recipe for Brown Stew: Potatoes in Spicy Coconut Milk.
- Driving a Porsche Cayman to Ben Nevis and Eriska in Bonnie Scotland by Keith Allan & Lynne Gray, who have fun driving into the Highlands of Scotland in their Porsche Cayman.
- Timeshares Will Take You Around the World by Jennifer Lynn
- Key West, Florida Mary Bloch shares popular restaurants and sightseeing opportunities that should not be missed.
Traveling with Kids Article
- Top Five Cities For You and Your Kids: Washington, D.C. by Elaine Sosa Labalme. The advantages of off-season travel are many -- smaller crowds and better deals, to name the obvious two.
- Dennen's Victorian Farmhouse
- 9th Annual Mendocino, California Crab and Wine Days: On January 26, 2008 Dennen's Victorian Farmhouse will have Navarro Vineyards pouring their exceptional wines. And Dennen's will be serving their "pull out the stops" crab hors d'oeuvres. The Wine Tasting is at no extra charge to Dennen's guests. Festival Goodies and wine will be waiting in your room, as well. Book your room early as this one fills up quickly! Or...if you are not lucky enough to stay at Dennen's, give them call at (800) 264-4723 and reserve space for $15 per person.
- Janie's Cakes
- Janie makes the world’s finest pound cakes. How? First, she starts entirely from scratch using only the finest, all-natural ingredients. Second, she uses her own personal time-tested recipes. Third, she hand bakes every cake to the level of perfection that only a master baker can achieve. No artificial ingredients. No preservatives. No short cuts. It’s the gift you are proud to give and thrilled to receive! Janie’s Cakes have been featured in Southern Living, Texas Monthly and Country Living Magazines. Order online at www.janiescakes.com. Shipped nationwide.
- Austin Chocolate Festival
- The 2008 Austin Chocolate Festival will be held March 8th - 9th at Arthur Murray Dance Studio in Austin Texas. Tickets are available for purchase online at the festival website or by phone at 512-637-0479. Join The Fat Turkey Chocolate Company in the fight against breast cancer at the festival.
- Web Design
- There are no limits for web design at lifeBLUE Media. We approach each design project with years of experience and expertise, along with a passion for helping our clients maximize the potential of the online marketplace. Find out how we can help you expand your online presence at www.lifeblue.com.