Special Feature: Products Sally Recommends
Chinese Curry Shrimp with Cauliflower
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 small cauliflower, about 1 pound (rimmed weight)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
4 tablespoons half & half
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
5 tablespoons cooking oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 tablespoon shredded ginger
2 teaspoons curry powder
Garnish: carrot shreds and green onion shreds
To Prepare Ahead:
- Shell, devein, rinse, and drain shrimp. Mix with 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Wash cauliflower, trim and cut it into bite-sized florets, about 5 cups.
- Combine seasoning sauce ingredients- cornstarch, half & half, oyster sauce, soy sauce and dry sherry together in a small bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok over high heat. Add cauliflower and salt. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Pour in 1/3 cup chicken broth, cover and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Wipe wok with paper towels. Heat 3 tablespoons oil over high heat. When hot, add garlic, ginger, and shrimp. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add curry powder. Stir until shrimp is cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to wok. Pour in seasoning sauce. Stir until thickened. Transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with carrot and green onion shreds.